Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fried Green Tomatoes w/Balsamic Glaze






Got some green tomatoes at the farmer's market... I used a 3-step breading process, flour, egg wash, crumbs. For an extra thick coating, put back into flour after the egg wash, then back into the egg, and then to the crumbs. I season the food and not the breading when I do this type of coating.
To serve, I topped it with a bit of salad dressing (whip), some crumbles of bleu cheese, then drizzled with some balsamic vinegar that I reduced to a syrup consistency.
This is good with some crab, and salad greens. But, alas, I didn't have that on hand!

3 comments:

  1. Never use green tomatoes for my cooking before. This looks very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear these look seriously amazing!! I love the balsamic glaze you put on top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's actually much better with crab, then the bleu cheese and balsamic... on a bed of greens. But, hey, ya use what ya got!

    ReplyDelete