Sunday, June 24, 2012

Almond Cake



This is a basic cake recipe, using butter, sugar, creamed together.

I started by whipping the egg whites, then whipped the yolks, then creamed together the butter and sugar. That way, I didn't have to wash the beater in between.



I added vanilla to the whipped sugar and butter, then added the whipped egg yolks.



To the flour, I added baking soda and salt. It was sifted into the yolk/sugar/butter mixture, alternating with milk.





Part way through the mixing, I added crushed almonds.



At the end, fold in the beaten egg whites. It can still be streaked with egg white when you put the batter into a prepared pan (buttered, floured, waxed paper on bottom)

Baked at 350F for 30 minutes in a 9-inch round layer pan. I tested it for doneness using a tooth pick. It had some crumbs on it, so cooked it another 10 minutes or so.



No comments:

Post a Comment