Thursday, June 21, 2012

THOSE Cheddar Biscuits


Yes, these are THOSE biscuits, you know, the kind you get at that seafood restaurant. Warning: they contain a lot of butter. I do not serve them with additional butter.

They are a basic drop biscuit with the addition of shredded cheddar cheese and garlic powder.


I used 2 cups white flour (Wheat Montana), 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, about 1/4 tsp. coarse ground black pepper. and a third cup butter. I put this into a food processor and processed until crumbly.

I mixed the shredded cheese into the flour and butter mixture.

I added about 3/4 cup of milk, maybe a bit more, it made a wet dough.

Using an ice cream scoop, I scooped them onto a buttered cookie sheet, brushed with melted butter seasoned with garlic powder. I put them into a hot oven 415F, convection setting, for about 15 minutes total time. Towards the end of cooking, I brushed them with the rest of the garlic butter and put it back into the oven until golden.



No comments:

Post a Comment