Monday, September 29, 2014

Piña Colada Bread Pudding

Bread pudding is one of those comfort foods that I adore, and my husband is like, meh. So, I try not to make full recipes, I didn't really measure. I had a good sized loaf of bread leftover from yesterday, made a baguette for dinner. It was a soft, rich dough.
Cubed, tossed with melted butter and unsweetened coconut flakes. I put it in a 350F oven for a few minutes while I stirred together a custard.
The custard consisted of coconut milk and cream, some sugar, honey, dash of salt, and an egg.
In a bowl, I tossed together the toasted bread and coconut, custard, and some crushed pineapple.
I used an ice cream scoop to portion the bread pudding into individual baking dishes. I think I got them at a secondhand store. Bake them about 325F-350F for about an hour. Test as for custard, knife inserted in center comes out clean when done.

2 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic! Too bad for Stan that he's all "meh" about bread pudding. More for you, though! :-)

    ReplyDelete