Saturday, October 27, 2012

Nutty Pancakes


I used James Beard's recipe, a couple of cups of flour, a tablespoon of sugar, 4 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt. In another bowl I combined a couple of eggs, 1 1/2 cups milk (although I added more milk later because it was too thick), half a stick of butter, melted, and vanilla. The original recipe did not call for vanilla, but I always add either vanilla or almond extract to my pancakes and waffles. Because I like it. Combined wet with the dry, then let it sit on the counter until I was ready for it.
When it came time to make them, I ladled out the batter onto a cast iron griddle, then sprinkled chopped nuts over them. I used pecans, walnuts, and almonds. Watch it when you turn them as the nuts can burn easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment