Saturday, August 30, 2014

Spanish Rice

This is inspired by paella, but no saffron, no frozen peas, so I am calling it Spanish Rice. Ha!we have also discovered that we are not a fan of seafood in the mix, so I only used chicken and sausage.
I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs for this. Also, instead of Spanish chorizo, I used a Portuguese sausage.
First, I browned the chicken and sausage in a bit of olive oil.
Remove the meat from the pan, then add the vegetables. I used onion, garlic, and sweet peppers.
As you are sautéing the vegetables, scrape the bits left from browning the meat.
Add seasonings. I used sweet paprika, pepper, fennel, turmeric, dried oregano. Add the rice, I used a medium grain.
Add a can of tomatoes.
Return the meat to the pan, cover and bake until rice is tender. I added some fresh herbs from my garden, parsley, thyme, oregano.

No comments:

Post a Comment