Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Stuffed Peppers






I had a hankering for stuffed cabbage, and about the same time, a friend gave me some peppers from her garden. So, I made stuffed peppers, and had some cabbage on the side. The hamburger filling had partially cooked rice (kind of a porcupine meatball idea), sauteed onion, celery, and a sweet Hungarian pepper. The seasonings included oregano, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. I was going for the "Eastern European immigrant of the upper Midwest" sort of flavor (at least that's how it reads in my mind!).
The tomato sauce also included the sauteed vegetables and same seasonings. I didn't want the stuff swimming in the tomato sauce so just topped each pepper/meatball with the sauce. Bake. Served it with sauteed cabbage/onions/celery seed, mashed potatoes, and corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment