Saturday, September 3, 2011

Asian Pear and Camembert Tarts

I poached the pears in lemon/lime soda. Yep. It's what I had on hand (like all summer, unopened) and it was taking up space. To the simmering liquid, I added allspice, nutmeg, vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Peeled and cored the pears, cut them in half, simmered until softened. I then reduced the poaching liquid, adding honey, sugar, and a tablespoon or so of corn syrup. I used this resulting syrup to glaze the tarts halfway through baking, and a couple of times while they are cooling. When pears were cool, they were sliced thinly. On top of each raw puff pastry round (that was waiting for me in the freezer), I placed sliced camembert cheese, chopped walnuts, thyme, and a few slices of pear. Baked in a hot oven for about 15 - 20 minutes. Drizzle thickened syrup over while cooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment