Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pork Tacos


I had a pork loin, it wasn't totally thawed, and I needed to cook it in the slow-cooker. So, I cut it into 4 pieces (like boneless 3" chops), browned them, and put them in the cooker. They were seasoned with cumin, salt, and pepper, added a diced Anaheim chili and half an onion. I used a can of green enchilada sauce and chicken stock as liquid. Part way through cooking, I took most of the liquid out, added a bit of canola oil to the pork (it was a really lean cut), and reduced the cooking liquid. I let it cool, and then ladled a bit of the top off to pour over the meat, too. This made the loin very moist, otherwise, it can come out dry and stringy.
When the meat was tender, (and when we were ready to eat), I took a piece out of the cooker, put it in a bowl, and used a fork to shred the meat a bit.
I served it with lightly fried corn shells, cotija cheese and some pico de gallo (onion, tomato, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice).

No comments:

Post a Comment