Saturday, May 15, 2010

Squash Ravioli

Hmmmm, what to make for supper, that was the question. I didn't have much out, and it's still a week until payday, so I looked through the freezer and saw the leftover squash from a dinner earlier this winter. I had put it in the freezer for just such an occasion. The squash was cooked, purreed, and seasoned with salt and pepper, garlic, parmesan, and a bit of gran marnier. I made up a quick pasta dough, rolled it out, cut, filled, et voila, ravioli. I could have gotten the pasta machine (hand cranked, Italian) out and made the pasta thinner, more delicate, but didn't want to deal with it. So, it's a bit "rustic."
I used semolina and white whole wheat flour, a bit of salt, and a couple of eggs for the dough. After cooking the pasta in boiling water, I put it in a pan with melted butter, garlic, and a bit of the pasta water, sprinkled with chives.
I served it with chicken breasts in a madeira sauce. (I sliced it for presentation as we had an unexpected dinner guest! 3 breasts, 4 servings)








No comments:

Post a Comment