Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Chicken Jambalaya






Not sure if it's really jambalaya, but didn't really know what else to call it!
Cut up a chicken, took the skin off (except for the wings), seasoned with smoked paprika, pepper, garlic, and a grill seasoning that I got on sale labeled "chicken." ha! Browned the chicken, and put the pieces into a casserole. Then I put the diced veggies into the pan I browned the chicken in, sauteed until tender, added sliced beef hot links. Put all that in the casserole with the chicken, poured a small can of tomato sauce over, and a couple of ladles of chicken broth that I made from the back and neck of the chicken. Covered it and put it in the oven for about 90 minutes.
Served with brown rice and crusty bread (one of the Italian loaves I made earlier, had wrapped in foil and put in the freezer). I put the bread in the oven during the last half hour of cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment