Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mini Dessert Biscuits




I searched for a recipe for Irish Scones online, read several. It really does help to use Irish butter. I didn't, so no "Irish" in the name!
It's just basically a biscuit recipe, but I rolled them kinda thin to make miniature biscuits.
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
scant 1/2 cup sugar (yep, a dessert biscuit)
2 teaspoons baking powder
Put it all in the bowl of a food processor, pulse to evenly distribute.
Add 1/2 stick butter. Pulse some more.
Add one egg and about 1/3 cup milk.
Pulse a few times. Do not over mix the dough.
Turn out onto a floured counter, pat into shape. Either cut then, or roll out and cut with biscuit cutter. I used the smallest one in my set.
Put on a lightly buttered pan, brush tops with melted butter, sprinkle with sugar.
Baked at 420F convection, for about 7 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment