Friday, October 22, 2010

Sourdough Bread






I took some sourdough starter, added Hungarian whole wheat high altitude flour, warm water, let it sit. In a measuring cup, I put some yeast, flour, sugar, warm water. When that was quite bubble, I combined the two. I let it sit for awhile.
Then, added KA white flour, salt, canola oil. Mixed well, then turned onto a flour board and kneaded it.
Put it in an oiled plastic tub, put the cover on it,and let it sit until doubles. Punched it down and rolled it out, then formed a baguette by rolling it tightly. Placed it on an oiled baking sheet, let it rise. Slashed the top.
Baked in a 400F oven until done.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I was looking through your blog just a little, and I like it. I am somewhat new to blogging, but I started doing it for fun...

    I want to invite you to visit my blog, out of all the millions of bloggers out there, I reach out to interesting ones sometimes. Well I hope you will take me up on my offer and if you follow me, I will follow you...

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete