Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Green Chili Pork Tacos

Start by roasting meat; I used pork. It was seasoned with salt and pepper. Partway through cooking, I added water to the pan, coming about halfway up the meat. I turned it several times.
While the meat was roasting/braising, I prepared the green chili.
I diced two Anaheim chilies, and one jalapeno, removing the seeds and ribs from the chilies before dicing. Also diced a small yellow onion.
Using a mortar and pestle, I crushed some cumin seed. In a saucepan, I sauteed the onions and chili peppers, adding the cumin. When the onion became translucent, I added a can of fire-roasted green chilies (mild), a chicken bullion cube and a small cube of cilantro (both Knorr products).
After adding some water, I brought the mixture to a boil. Then I put it in a slow cooker for several hours. After a bit, I used an immersion blender to puree it slightly.
I ended up taking out a couple of cups of the green chili to save for another time. Then, I put the roasted pork into the slow cooker. Then, I left the house to teach violin lessons.
When I came home, we had this with flour tortillas, lettuce, hot sauce (La Victoria Salsa Brava) and panela cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment