Monday, November 28, 2011

Anasazi Beans









I had about half a package of Anasazi beans, I picked through them, washed them, put them in a saucepan, covered with water and brought to a boil. I turned off the burner and let them sit for about 30 minutes. Then I drained them, covered with fresh water and simmered until partway done.
Then, I put them into a slow cooker.
In a saute pan, I browned some onion, carrots, and celery, using grease leftover from browning salt pork (which I diced and set aside). After vegetables were browned, I added them to the slow cooker, along with half a can of roasted green chilies and the cooked side pork that was set aside. I seasoned it with cumin, chili powder.
After a couple hours, I used my immersion blender and pureed the beans. I cooked it further and added small diced onion, Anaheim chili, and seeded jalapeno.
Right before serving, I added some pats of butter, stirred to melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment