Saturday, November 6, 2010

Daily Bread...




I took some sourdough starter out of the fridge, fed the rest, put it back in after letting it sit on the counter and bubble away for awhile.
To the starter, I added some warm water and flour, used the Hungarian high altitude stuff. The put some yeast, warm water, dry milk powder, flour and sugar in a measuring cup and let that sit and get all bubbly. I combined the two mixtures, added Montana Wheat Prairie Gold flour, salt, oil. Kneaded it. It sat on the counter in an oiled bowl with plastic over the top while we went on our drive this afternoon.
When we got home, I punched it down, patted it into a square, then rolled it up. Put it into a well oiled bread pan. After letting it rise, I slit the top, and put it in the oven. 400F for about 45 minutes.
yummmmmmmm..

No comments:

Post a Comment